Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bowling for Big Thumbs


Last week I enrolled the kids in soccer through the community ed. Much love to you community ed for providing great program for all of us. With two kids playing it was a whopping $120 for 6 weeks! Let me break it down further…I am paying $20 for 45 minutes  a week of having one kid run around jumping and yelling (the same that he does at home for free) and the other climbing up my leg crying (the same as she does at home) with the added bonus of being able to see this is completely normal behavior based on all the other runners and climbers who are way louder and way more wild than my own kids. It also makes me feel good, they love it, and they are all tuckered out afterwards. Fab.U.Lous.

Still, it would be nice to find some less expensive things for my kids to engage in that tire them out and entertain me simultaneously so I was totally geeked up to find this website today. www.kidsbowlfree.com

During the summer kids can bowl free TWICE a week at participating bowling ally’s. I checked it out and there are a ton of participating lanes, many of which are not located immediately next to a strip-club and illuminates the need to have the conversation “No Honey. You can NOT run next door to have a pop because you like theirs better than the ally’s.”

I really haven’t thought it through how this is going to play out. I am trying to calm my fears of Greyson trying to pick up a 15 lb. ball and having it drop on his toes. It is likely that both kids will try throwing the ball rather than rolling it and I am going to end up sweating profusely in an attempt to keep everyone from crying/screaming/rolling on the ground.

I am also working on my own personal issue of having extra large thumbs (toe thumbs they are lovingly referred to as) that get stuck in the bowling ball. Neither of these things I am willing to pay for but I do think it could be a fun and free opportunity to get out and do something new while expanding the kids understanding of terms like gutter ball. Batter up! No, wait that’s wrong. Bowler up!




No comments:

Post a Comment